Background

Monday, March 14, 2011

The Wait Has Definitely Been....

WORTH IT!!

I am so PROUD to announce that Little Miss Taylen Jae Weite joined our family on Sunday, March 13th at 4:54 am, weighing in at 8 pounds 1 ounce and measuring 21 inches. She is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT and we could not be more thrilled to welcome her to our family!!!

The BEST part of my day today (as I spent the entire thing here at the hospital) definitely was watching Trey and Tylee meet their new little sis this morning before they headed to school. I was so stinkin' excited, but also was wondering how everything would go. Tylee has been so excited for the past two weeks for the baby to come out of Mommy's tummy, so I had no question about how she'd react. Trey, on the other hand, has been excited as well, but I wasn't sure how things would go the first time he saw her. I didn't think he'd have a negative reaction, I just more or less thought that he'd look at her, say Hi, and go on with his day.

BUT, Trey absolutely blew my expectations OUT of the water. From the second he saw her, he was in absolute AMAZEMENT. He got the biggest grin on his face and immediately wanted to hold and love on her. He carefully and gently held her as he focused on supporting her head and rubbing the top of her head with the most perfect touch. He stared at her for a solid 15 minutes and could not get enough! It reminded me of EXACTLY how he was when he first met Miss Tylee Jean up here at the hospital. I know, without a doubt, that Trey is going to be one FANTASTIC big bro (not that I doubted it before!!!)

As Trey held Taylen's head and upper back, Tylee sat right next to him and held Taylen's legs and feet. The entire time, Tylee was also in awe, but full of 1,000 questions. She wanted to know where Taylen's shoes were and why she wasn't talking. She LOVED her little nose and could not stop mentioning how Taylen was no longer in Mommy's tummy. She kept telling us how Taylen was "learning" and how cute she was. She also wanted to "help" do everything....it was definitely PRICELESS!!! Tylee is in love with her little sis and is going to be such a great big sister!!!

Thanks to Daddy we were able to get a few pictures of this special moment.....


All ready for the nurse to wheel Taylen in....SO.EXCITED.


Meeting her for the first time....this is one of my favorites!!


Proud Momma and her little Munchkins....PERFECT.


LOVE Trey's expression in this one...totally sums up the entire morning!!!


Taking it all in. I cropped the pic, but you can still see Trey's hands totally supporting the top and underside of Taylen's cute little head....what a great Big Bro!!!


Scheming already?!?!


Tylee couldn't even take her eyes off her to snap a quick pic...TOTAL.AMAZEMENT.


A little photo fun....What a sight and what a way to start the day!!!

Dear Little Miss Taylen Jae,

WELCOME to this big old world and WELCOME to the Weite House!! You've been an absolute blessing and totally complete our family. You are such a beautiful baby and are doing a fantastic job adjusting to life outside of that cozy little spot you've called home for the past 279 days. Enjoy the next few days (okay, YEARS) of constant chaos and don't ever forget just how many people love you to pieces!!! Lots and lots of hugs and kisses....

XOXOX

~Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, congrats, congrats! So excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete