Background

Friday, March 25, 2011

Thank You, LYSOL....

So, gotta love (not so much) the timing of the latest round of sickies at the Weite House. Up until the birth of Miss Taylen, we had pretty much avoided all sickies, aside from Tylee's 2 week bout with strep and two rounds of antibiotics, ALL winter long.

The yucks decided to make their grand entrance a day before Taylen was born and it seems as though, up until Wednesday of this week, we battled one thing after another. Nothing major, but just a bunch of viruses, that have to run their course as we were told many times by the docs, and JUST enough to make this Momma a nervous one. I mean, I even STAYED at the hospital until 8 pm on the last day possible, just to give those at home a little longer to battle the bug.....

Nothing like bringing a two day old baby home to a coughing two year old who wants to "hold her" and "touch her face," a Daddy who has to sleep on the couch until he feels better, and a four year old that says his ear hurts so bad that he won't move a muscle (who didn't even end up having an ear infection, it was just another part of the "virus"--UGH!) I know she's supposed to be protected through me, but it still worries me like crazy considering all three mentioned above were running low grade fevers, hovering around 100 degrees, at one point or another and the last thing the nurse told me at the hospital was to head straight to the emergency room if Taylen's temp went above 100.4 degrees. A rectal temp was not what I was wanting to have to take on a 3 day old!!

So, THANKS to Lysol, Lysol Wipes, and a BUNCH of hand washing, it seems as though the yucks have made their departure for the time being. PLEASE, PLEASE stay away until next flu season!! (I'd hate to see what things would have been like without our flu shots....ugh!!!) And, enough with the "pink" sheets posted around the kids' school....

Here's to everyone who's under the weather feeling better ASAP.....and, Reach out and Touch this.....


Oh, and have I mentioned that it's SNOWING again!!! Enough already...I want those temps in the 60's back for good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment