Background

Friday, March 25, 2011

It's....Flashback FRIDAY!!!

Welcome to another edition of FLASHBACK FRIDAY. This flashback won't take you back too far though because I'm going to blog about Taylen Jae's big birth day!!!

My pics from Taylen's grand entrance into this world were on our other camera and I'm finally getting around to uploading those pics. With it being FRIDAY (Can I get a woo-hoo?!?!) and all, I thought today would be as good as any to document my third baby's arrival.....(You've already seen Trey & Tylee's best delivery shots back in Feb) and Taylen needs her turn!!!

It was a dark & stormy night.....

(Just kidding...it was dark, but it wasn't stormy at all, but, I do like that intro...my 6th graders always use something like that when writing their mystery pieces. Okay, back on topic.....)

For those of you who have facebook, on Saturday morning, March 12th, I posted a status update about heading to the YMCA to get a 3 1/2 mile walk in....trying desperately to start the contractions on their own, so I didn't have to be induced on Monday, March 14th (which was my original due date and I'm not very fond of Pitocin....)

I did just that and then headed to the mall with Jason, Trey, and Tylee to walk even more....

Headed home after gallivanting around Ottumwa and patiently waited for the magic to happen....NOTHING.

Played with the kiddos after nap time and cleaned up around the house....STILL NOTHING.

Gave baths, did laundry, and took a shower myself...even blew dry my hair at 8 o'clock at night....ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Laid down to watch a movie with Jason, and had ONE contraction during the first three fourths of the movie.....WOW. (Psych) But, at least at this point, I had ONE and really thought that by Sunday night (24 hours later, I'd be having regular contractions.

Jason fell asleep during the movie with about 30 minutes remaining (That's almost how it always goes...one of us is always falling asleep....think we should start the movies earlier?? There's a thought ;)

As soon as he closes his eyes, I feel another contraction, and another. Brushing it off, I get up out of bed, turn the DVD player off, and settle back down so I can "sleep" through the contractions. (Not sure why I thought that would be an option...there's no sleeping through contractions for me...nothing like a GIANT Charley Horse taking over your entire mid-section.)

At this point, it's about 10:45 PM and I start "timing" my contractions with my cell phone. From 10:30 to 11:30 they go from 15 minutes apart, to 10, to 7, to 5, to 4. I wake Jason up about 60 minutes after he'd fallen asleep and tell him to get dressed that it's TIME TO GO to the hospital...WOO-HOO!!!

He gets dressed, we call our neighbor, Marshall, and tell him that tonight's the night he'll be camping out on our couch until Jason's parents come down in the morning. (THANKS, Marshall for being there for the other two...we TOTALLY appreciate it!!)

Marshall comes over, we grab my bags and head to the hospital...which is a total of 3 minutes away, at the most! (Another benefit of living in this small town...no traffic to face or long distances to travel!!)

We pull up, Jason parks because I don't want to be dropped off, I want to WALK! Check in goes quickly and they wheel me off to the 4th floor-maternity ward. I get wheeled into my room and instructed to "gown up," as I call it.


This is a sick, sick pic, but it was about 2 hours before the delivery...had to capture this moment...pasty white and fat arms, face, fingers, legs, belly, chin, elbows, butt, hips, lips, earlobes, and all!!! I was ready to go and it was around 12:20 AM at this point. (That's the good thing about hospitals...it's so stinkin' bright and everyone's so awake and cheery that it doesn't seem like the middle of the night. Kind of like VEGAS...okay, that's a stretch, but you know what I mean....)

I get on my BEAUTIFUL hospital gown and get mentally prepared to handle what's headed my way. I've never been much of a Lamaze breather...just seems to make things worse for me. The nurse checks me and I'm about 4 1/2 centimeters.

I labor for about 20 more minutes, with the contractions 2-3 minutes apart and the Dr. comes in...he checks me again and I'm 6 1/2 centimeters dilated, so he breaks my water.

The nurse hooks me up with the IV goodies and I get prepped for my epidural. (More power to all you ladies who love natural, med free births, but it's just not for me....I've had an epidural with all three of mine. It was more mind over matter for me. Guess I should have taken the Lamaze thing a little more seriously ;)

I get my epidural, which is always kinda scary, and my back labor is INSTANTLY relieved....the doctor checks me again 5 minutes later and I'm 10 cm dilated, but the baby has moved up (the wrong direction) and my contractions have slowed to about 5 minutes apart. The Doc leaves me there for another half hour....hoping the baby comes down on it's own.

The nurse pops back in around 30 minutes later and checks...head is right there and she wants me to push. At this time it's about 4:40 AM (with the spring ahead time change...so really 3:40 am) and I push once...she yells STOP, that's enough and tells Jason to hand her the phone on the wall so she can call the Doc.

In my head, I'm thinking, "It's go time!!" I'm sooooooo ready....

The Dr. hustles in and at 4:45 AM we (okay, I) start pushing. Four pushes later, Jason's looks at me, says "It's a GIRL!" and, Taylen Jae Weite enters this world at 4:54 AM, weighing 8 pounds, 1 ounce and measuring 21 inches long. What a beautiful and precious gift.....and baby girl instantly joins the Weite House!!!



The Doc working his magic!!!


Still waiting to hear that first cry.....


There it is!! 


Taylen Jae Weite--8 lbs. 1 oz. (It's a little blurry, but Daddy still did a fantastic job of playing both the coach and photographer roles!!!)


Warming up....with her big old feet!!!


Me holding her for the first time....wide eyed...


Loving the warmer...after getting poked & prodded!!


All bundled up & worn out from delivery....ready for a snooze!!!


Taylen's first visitor....Thank you Marcia and Ken for coming down from Des Moines to help with the kiddos and relieve Marshall of his duties!! We appreciate it and don't ever want you to think otherwise!!! Taylen, and Trey & Tylee for that matter, are all lucky to have such wonderful, caring grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins from both sides of the family!! We love and appreciate you all!!

Dear Taylen Jae,

Your delivery was a breeze and you've been a relaxed, happy, and content baby ever since. You are officially 11 days old and doing great. We love you and are so excited to have you here with us!! Enjoy looking back at this post one day and reading all about your big birth day adventure!!! It surely was a very special day for all of us!!!

Lots of Love, Hugs, Kisses, & Snuggles,

~Mommy




No comments:

Post a Comment