Our WONDERFUL neighbors, (and, I'm not exaggerating when I say that Trey & Tylee absolutely adore them) Sarah and Marshall, took the kiddos on a little adventure this evening to let them pick out their FIRST pets EVER!
Tylee picked one with "spots" and Trey picked one in the perfect shade of orange....
They picked up a few necessities including food, a bowl, pebbles, a plant, a net, and a few other items.....
On their way home, they picked their names....Trey named his "Titan" from the movie, MegaMind, and Tylee named hers "Penny"....not sure where the name came from, but she's the boss!!
After a few minutes of prep work and setting up, the pets were ready to be enjoyed. Trey already knows they need to be fed once a day and he's in charge of giving them just the "right" amount....sounds like some responsibility factoring into this whole situation and Momma REALLY likes that idea!!
In case you still haven't guessed what they got.....see below....(PS...there aren't any photos of Tylee with the fish...she was too busy eating her watermelon and chose not to participate in the snap shot session...don't mess with Tylee Jean and her watermelon!!)
Trey posing with Titan & Penny!! Funny thing...he ran into the house after the trip to get the fish and said, "Mommy, you said no pets and now we have two!" Isn't that how it always goes??
Pointing out whose is whose....and now for sure realizing that Sarah & Marshall weren't taking them to the store to get Pepperidge Farm Goldfish....which is what he thought when they originally left for the store. When Marshall asked him what kind of goldfish he wanted, Trey's response was, "Chocolate!!!"
Making sure Titan and Penny like their new home.....
Watching them eat up the food as it falls to the bottom of the bowl.....
So, here's to a great first pet experience! Thanks, Sarah & Marshall!!!
On a cute little side note....as I tucked Tylee into bed tonight, we talked about her new fish. I asked her if she was going to tell her friends all about it tomorrow at school. She said, "Sure, of course, Mommy!" and then when I asked her what her fishy's name was, she paused for a minute, and then responded, "Quarter".....I had to giggle...who knows what the fish's name will be tomorrow!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment