Tonight, I had the privilege of accompanying my Little Man as he visited his future big kid school, James Elementary. We enjoyed a little tour and peek at what he's going to be doing once he starts school. Needless to say, his absolutely FAVORITE part of the tour was the LIBRARY....he couldn't believe how many books there were. We've ventured to the public library here in Ottumwa many times, but he was super impressed that this library would be at his school! After the tour, we sat in on a little informational meeting and met the two kindergarten teachers. He didn't find out who his teacher would be, but he did get to meet both of them. After the meeting, he picked up his goodie bag and we headed home.....he talked and talked about how excited he was the entire time!!
So, as my "baby" gets ready to begin the next chapter in his life, I can only sit back and smile and watch him soak up every second of the journey......
As much I want to avoid the camera right now, I just had to snap a Kindergarten Round-Up pic to document this moment in Trey J's life. After all, we'll never get this second, minute, hour, or night back!! (Please be kind with the oooh's and aaah's of my 39 4/7 week pregnancy "look!!")
Posing by the PWIM poster. Looks like fun and Trey actually read all the words to me....all except BACON...he didn't know what that word was. I thought that was hilarious!!!
Trey asked me to take the pic of him in front of the cool "milk jugs house," as he called it...then proceeded to ask me if we could make one at home. How many weeks of milk drinking do you think that would take?!?!
His fun little supply list...
Waiting for the informational meeting to begin....SO.EXCITED!!
Headed home with his goodie bag in hand...all smiles, as you can see!!!
Trey J...you did a FABULOUS job tonight and I can't wait to take you to your first day of Kindergarten in a few months. There are so many fantastic learning opportunities ahead of you and I'm excited to see you embrace each and every one!!! This time in your life seems to have come so quickly, that enjoying your big night together, makes it even that much more special!! I love you bunches!!
~Mommy






Oh I love this post!! Lizzie's favorite was the library too!! And she still loves it the best!!! It is such a big milestone :) Enjoy the next few months before your his first big day!!
ReplyDelete