Background

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

RAINBOW Cupcake FUN!!!!

So, I've been wanting to do this little baking "project" with Trey & Tylee ever since my wonderful friend, Erin Civey, posted this cute tutorial on her baking blog, Lizzie Jean's Cookies....visit it as soon as you get a chance...she's super talented and makes the CUTEST custom order cookies and cupcakes. I mean, she seriously can do ANYthing!!!

So, tonight, after starting din-din (yummy chicken tacos), the kids and I had fun putting together these rainbow cupcakes....Trey & Tylee had their first experience with food coloring and they did a wonderful job sharing and working together....WAY TO GO, you two!!!

And, they turned out yummy, which makes the whole project that much more fun!!!  (Warning...major picture overload!!)


Getting ready to pour in the ingredients.....


Trey with the water....


Tylee with the chunky applesauce (instead of oil...) AND, it looks like we need to use a bigger bowl next time! Oops!!! No biggie....


Adding the new applesauce.....followed by Trey adding the egg whites....


This pic was cute...with Taylen watching her big bro and sis work so well together!!!


Stir time....and, don't worry, we cleaned up the applesauce mess later. Tylee and I agreed that it could wait ;)


Trey making the orange....with an extra cheesy smile...can you tell, he wanted to be stirring instead of smiling for the camera?!?! Thanks, trooper!!!


Tylee making the green....cheesin' without taking her eyes off the task at hand!!


Learning that red and blue make PURPLE! Tylee's favorite color!!


Checking out the food coloring....they were both amazed it only took "little drops"....


Making sure they are all mixed up...stir, stir, stir!!


Scooping in the first two bowls of color....


Spoon master...not too many drips...Great Job, Ty!!!


Topping them off with purple and orange...the last two colors!!!


Before baking...(We decided that next time we'll use more food coloring...our colors turned out a little on the pastel side. Perfect for Easter, I guess!!)


After 20 minutes in the oven...PERFECT!!!


Add a little whip cream and it's go time!!! YUMMY!!!


Tylee showing off her "sad" face after her rainbow cupcake fell over....shucks was all she had to say!!!

GREAT JOB on the cupcakes, you two!! Your teamwork ROCKED and the cupcakes turned out healthy and YUMMY!!! I love having fun in the kitchen with you guys and can't wait for our next cooking adventure!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment