be SOOOOO stinky?!?!
Oh, how much I forgotten the sweet smell of newborn baby TOOTS and POO and Little Miss Taylen Jae can definitely compete with the best of them!!! So far in her five days with us, she has managed to poo at the Dr.'s office, the photo studio, and at the check out line. Just how many times newborns poo is QUICKLY coming back to me. How on Earth had it slipped my mind that I'd (we'd) be changing 10+ poopy diapers a day??? (and, on top of it all, I'm LOVING it!!!)
Today has been yet another fun day of getting back into the newborn care grind....funny how much I take my potty trained, self-feeding kiddos for granted!! Taylen...someday, you will be there too!! Until then...POO AWAY!!!
Newborn Mommy-Hood has come rushing back to me without skipping a beat. Today contained the perfect example of how babies follow their own schedules and don't care about just how many diapers they go through....
Taylen and I joined Daddy for a quick lunch. We decided to meet for a quick "date" and enjoyed each other's adult company....not that we don't enjoy the discussions that our 4 and 2 year olds usually dictate, but it was nice to catch up and stick to "adult" topics for a change.
At lunch Taylen slept the whole time in her carrier and didn't make a peep. As Daddy left and headed back to work, Taylen and I dropped off a few bills at the post office and planned a QUICK trip to Herberger's to take back a few boy outfits we didn't end up needing.....
While on our way to Herberger's, Taylen managed to fill her diaper with what seemed like the longest and loudest poo. At this point I was expecting a major blow-out. No biggie, though because I'd just do a quick change before we headed into the store. Well, as I looked at the clock, I realized it was about time for a feeding, so I decided to pull into the back of the parking lot (waaaaay away from others) and surrender to a quick nursing session in the back of the van (I knew this mini-van would come in handy!)
I park the van, perform my quick diaper changing skills on Taylen, and proceed to nurse behind the well tinted back mini-van windows. Sounds easy, right??? Well, as I nurse her, she proceeds to fill her pants once again. So, after nursing, I change her and put her back into her car seat in order to pull up to a closer parking spot so I don't have to haul her in the chilly temps the entire length of the parking lot....
Just as I'm getting her carrier out of the car...I hear that VERY familiar sound...Miss Taylen filled her pants again. At this point, we've already been in the parking lot for at least a half hour, but I decide to stick with my plan and change her AGAIN and head into Herberger's. She's sound asleep in the carrier and enjoying the ride as we do a little shopping. We find a few new outfits for summer and head towards the check out counter.....
Apparently, there aren't many workers during day hours over at Herberger's because there is quite a line developing behind us at the counter. The lady ringing us up makes a mistake and has to re-ring everything. At this point, Taylen begins to fuss (just a little bit)...I'm assuming that she's just getting sick of sitting in that carrier. So, the woman proceeds to check us out and just as she's handing me my bag of goodies, Taylen rips the cutest, biggest, toot and fills her pants with the FOURTH poop in the past 60 minutes!!!!!
Everyone giggles as we head towards to doors to make our grand exit and prepare for ANOTHER diaper change!! Good thing I brought a lot of diapers with me and so much for our QUICK pit-stop by the mall.
Oh, isn't newborn life GRAND??
Love you, Stinky Pants!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment