Background

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

GBL 5K...

Everyone knows that the Get Busy Livin' Foundation is near and dear to my heart. Three years ago, we lost Dylan...

Dylan was an avid LIVER of LIFE. He was all about seizing the moment and making the most of every single second. He was all about being grateful. Grateful for family. Grateful for friends. Grateful for health. Grateful for nature. Grateful for love.

Well, this past weekend, the kiddos and I hit the road to meet up with family in Kansas. We all met up to celebrate Dylan's life and participate in his annual memorial 5k run. We all met up to Get Busy Livin'....

And, what an AMAZING weekend it was.....


Score one for Momma!!! :Leaving at nap time was a great idear!


Unk dancing to the Polka band at the world famous chicken place...


Sister turn!


Hanging time with extended family...


GBL sign makin'....


Hotel bed hoppin'....


String cheese eatin' & shirt sportin'....(the purple lips are just a little peek into exactly how windy, drizzly, and chilly it was at the race...)


Pool swimmin'...


"Slam Dunk" jumpin'....


Pond water playin'...(This pic is extra sweet because I remember when we were the little munchkins out there, diggin' around without a care in the world....)


Football throwin'...


Picture posin'....


Bubble blowin'....


Bonfire makin'....


Camera spyin...


Frog huntin'...


Frog capturin'...


Smoke watchin'...


Unk entertainin'...


Pitts walkin'....


Nap takin'...


Pretzel Goldfish eatin' and picture colorin'...


Car ride home nappin'....

And, yes...I actually do have a couple pics from the race itself...I'll get them up on here from my i-Pad as soon as possible. The actually race was super rainy and, with Jason back in Des Moines at the Drake Relays, there was no way I was going to be able to man the camera and three, umbrella carrying kiddos. So, Aunt Calie snapped a couple pics of the big event!!! 

What a GRATEFUL day!

Love you, Dyl!








No comments:

Post a Comment