Background

Thursday, May 2, 2013

One extreme to another....

That would be the weather around here lately!

Monday and Tuesday brought lots of sun and the kiddos ran around all sweaty and lovin' the shorts action...

I gave it my all and actually PLANTED for a change...those who know me, know that a green thumb is not one of my God given talents. But, this year, I thought, "What the heck...I'm 33 and should be able to handle a few planters, right? After all, it's the grown- up thing to do, isn't it?!?"

So, after we got back from Kansas, Ty and I went plant shopping. Considering I know absolutely NOTHING about plants, the trip was interesting to say the least. I just picked what I thought looked good...and, of course, what Ty liked the best....

After an hour or two of playing in the dirt...I ended up with seven planters....Wowza!!

I was proud of how they turned out and am excited to see how they hold up for the summer months to come...

What I am not excited about is the major drop in temps the last 24 hours...

Enough of a drop to turn the normal spring showers into flakes.

Flakes, as in SNOW flakes.

So, as Jason carried the planters inside this AM, I couldn't help but giggle.

Giggle because of all the years that it hasn't snowed in MAY...I just happened to pick the one that it has.

Record setting snows around the state.

A little ironic, isn't it?!?!












No comments:

Post a Comment