After record temps for, who knows how many, days in a row...there was a little relief in the forecast. Realizing that it may cause crowding, we decided to venture out anyway. We figured our beating the crowd odds on a Thursday were MUCH better than our odds on Friday.
We were correct and thank goodness for very little line waiting....this was one of those, "the kids ask if they can ride again and they don't even have to get off to get back in line because there are no lines," kind of days!!! Makes it so much more enjoyable for everyone!!!
Trey was tall enough for just about every ride and Ty was tall enough to ride with an adult. Trey was the thrill seeker of the group, Ty gave it her best shot, but preferred the kiddie types of rides, and Jason and I were the "every ride makes us feel nauseous, but we don't want to ruin our kids' fun" type for the day. We'd tag team to get just enough, "I need to sit down for a minute!" time in and be on to the next adventure. I don't remember rides making me this sick to my stomach. Ever. What is it about getting old that makes it so stinkin' easy to get stomach queasy?!!?
All grown-up belly aches aside, we all had a super time....
Trey & Jason on the lift...Ty LOVED this part!!!
All ready for some super water park fun!
Um...LOOK at my 6 1/2 year old!!! Yes, that is him on the HUGE and SUPER DUPER HIGH red, white, and blue slide....I DEFINITELY had tears in my eyes on this one! So scary for this worry wart of a mother!!!
Double thumbs up to let me know that he was okay and that he loved it!!
Having a ball....
Trey was definitely #1 on those slides!! OMGosh...even looking at it now, I'm still getting the jilly-willies!!! Never been a fan of those things. Never. EVER.
Trey & Ty had a blast swimming together in the lazy river.
Ty's kind of rides!!!
Trey's kind of rides...The Dragon. Which totally killed my neck, for the record!!!
Back to the water park for a little more swimming & sliding action!!!
Onto the rest of the rides...hand, in hand...crazy hooded shirts and all. Silly kiddos....
Snow Cone Time!!!!
Another one of Ty's favorites...although Trey liked this one too!!!
I think the part he liked best was knowing that Ty was loving it!!!
Daddy& Trey on Trey's kind of fast, make me wanna puke, ride!!!
Ty diggin' the Lady Bugs!
Ty having a blast and Trey not so much....
An up close of his, "I'm too cool for these kiddie rides!" kind of pic....
What a super, fun day and YAY for the once-a-year amusement park trips!!! I couldn't imagine having season passes to that place....we were all beat!!! See ya again next time, Adventureland!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment