Background

Monday, July 30, 2012

Summer is really Rollin' by...

and we had a blast ROLLIN' Weite style at the skating rink last week.

Wednesday night brought $1 (CANNOT BEAT THAT!) night at one of the roller skating rinks up here in Des Moines. Trey had been talking about going rolling skating for a couple of weeks and we decided to finally put his plan in motion.

So, on Wednesday evening, Jason met the kiddos and I over at the rink after football practice. We got a couple hours of skating in and Trey definitely had a blast. Actually, let me restate that....Trey had fun and this Momma had an absolute blast. I hadn't skated since probably my middle school days back in Ballwin.

Boy, did circling around that rink bring back some great memories. One of them being the fact that I cannot believe I used to be able to get down low and skate around on one foot while holding my the other leg straight out to form some sort of "gun" idea for a move they called "Duck Hunt." Wow! That was a mouthful and I seriously couldn't find my inner brave soul to even attempt it this go round. But, besides the lack of the cool Duck Hunt move, I went all out....was dripping sweat and everything!! I mean I totally had that sweet, getting stares from the other parents, kind of sheen!!! I like to say that the air conditioner was broken, but we all know it wasn't. I was quite proud of my old Momma moves and totally have my sweatband packed for the next visit.

Jason did get the kick out of my serious skating skills and definitely got some great home videos for us to all laugh at together....Bahahahaha!

What a fun, fun time!!!


Ty waiting to get her skates...


This marked Trey's 3rd time skating, but first time with the rest of us.....


Ty's first time skating...EVER! So. Excited.


Pullin' on the skates and ready to get all laced up and be on her way....


All ready and waiting for us to get our skates on....All. Smiles.


Standing up for the first time, but she quickly learned that skating on the carpet was going to be much easier than getting out on the rink floor!


Making the first trip around with my brave little three year-old!!!


I had to chase Trey down...he was out there working those skates! He was so proud of how much he had improved from his first skating experience....


Ty chose to hang out by the wall....a little safer that way!


Daddy and Ty holding down the fort....


and, of course, hitting the GAMES!


Ty sending her skated back to the shelf. Three trips around were enough for her first visit! Way to Go, Ty....so proud of your effort and always being up for anything!!!


Trey Man fell a couple of times, but was really working on picking up the pace at this point. Nice job, Buddy and great idea! The family skating trip visit was a blast!!!


So. PUMPED.


Yes, I was the only one who walked away with an injury...an elbow shot! It's not a true skating trip without a WIPE-OUT! Ha, Ha!!! Not sure how I didn't land on my funny-bone!!!

What a fun, fun, FUN evening!!! I loved every second and am totally looking forward to many more skating rink visits!! On a side note, Munchkins, after the language I heard out of the middle-schoolers that were hanging out there for the night, I don't think I'll ever let you go there by yourselves. Ever. Oh, how I'm hanging on to these little kid stages as long as possible!!!

So, PLEASE stay sweet and innocent and don't ever let anything like that come out of your little mouths. Ever.

Lots of Love and Woot-Woot for a great night. You are definitely keeping me young!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment