Background

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

OH, Tylee Jean....

you have outdone yourself this time and it's VERY obvious that I need to find a new place to keep my make-up and fingernail polish.....

Tonight as I headed to bed after watching Phillip Phillips win American Idol, I checked on you munchkins like I do every night. The only difference was that your room smelled a tad bit like that oh, so noticeable scent of nail polish. Immediately, I knew I was in for a treat and I prepared myself for nail polish smeared walls or streaks on the carpet. I was actually a little scared to look around!!

I guess an 8:30 PM manicure sounded like a good idea to you. I'm just thankful that the lid ended up back on the bottle BEFORE you tucked it in under the covers with you and fell asleep. I also found an eye-liner pencil resting next to you on your Hello Kitty pillow.....YIKES!!! What a situation we could have had ourselves in!!!


Please note that you are peacefully sleeping, but that fingernail polish is not supposed to be on your cheek!!


And, for future reference, you are supposed to let your nails dry before you touch your face. The eyeliner did make it's way to your eyelid and I'm so thankful you didn't poke your eye!!!


Your very first nail painting experience! I think you used half the bottle....


Which is why it apparently wasn't dry by the time you made it back into your bed.....


And, now that I've had the opportunity to do a little bit more investigating, I've put a few pieces of evidence and a couple of clues together. I know you snuck out of your bed, went into Mommy's bathroom, scaled the bathroom counter, reached up high on the 2nd shelf of the medicine cabinet, chose a color, somehow got the top off, "painted" your nails, wiped a bunch of paint on Mommy's hand towel, grabbed an eye pencil for kicks, put on some eye-liner, left the bathroom light on, and took the two things of choice back to your bedroom.

(Funny because I now remember hearing the pitter-patter of little footsteps and the slight clicking of a light switch as I took in the last part of the American Idol season finale. I stayed put because figured you went potty like a big girl and headed back to bed. Oh, how I was fooled!)

So, Baby Girl, we will have a little chat in the morning about not using Mommy's stuff without permission as we work diligently to get that polish off your face, fingers, and out of your hair. Until then, I'll make sure I find a MUCH SAFER place to keep my make-up and other potentially messy must-haves. I am seriously glad that I'm sitting here typing up this memory, for you to one day read about, with a smile on my face. I know that it's always possible that things could have turned out MUCH worse!!!!

Love you BUNCHES & BUNCHES,

~Mommy

1 comment: