Background

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

GBL!

We LOVE you, #9 and truly know that you are our inspiration to Get Busy Living!!!

A couple weekends ago, I hit the road by myself and headed towards the 2nd Annual GBL 5k Run. Once again, I was absolutely MOVED by the turnout and the large amount of support that showed up to the stadium in Pittsburg, Kansas. It was a fun time, full of catching up with family, running, and enjoying our favorite Dylan memories.....It's so hard to believe that's he's been gone for two years. It's seems like just yesterday, I was getting a phone call on that awful day. I still feel like Dylan is out there, traveling the world, living life and that I'll see him at Christmas. In my heart, I know that his spirit still is and I will, one day, see him again. And, what great laughs we will have!!!

For a re-cap of last year, click here and enjoy the pics from this year.....


Post Run....Doug (my sister's boyfriend), Cory, Kyle (my brother's buddy), and me all flashing our 9's!!!


Grandma Jean and Grandfather helping bind shoes....in addition to the GBL run, Shadley brought attention to a wonderful program called, Soles 4 Souls, and over 600 pairs of shoes were collected!!! What a fabulous cause....click the link above to learn more!!!


This is one of my favorite pictures of Dylan! He's so genuinely happy and loving life....he was truly always living and this picture does nothing but makes me smile through the tears. (I snapped the pic from one of the two huge banners that were hanging at the run. Dylan's infamous Kiwi and Operation Mother Russia e-mails from his travels/journeys abroad were featured....he definitely had a knack for the written word!)


All of us (that were able to attend) together for a group picture....

What a great shot!!!! Looking forward to many, many more years of the GBL 5k Run!!!

So, Dylan, we enjoyed running in your honor and will continue to get out there and Get Busy Living!! You have inspired so many people to do things beyond their comfort zone and "find" themselves amidst challenges, only to come out a stronger and better person than they were before. Many people love and miss you for many different reasons and in many different ways, but, bottom line, we ALL feel BLESSED to have had you be such a tremendous part of our lives. Until we meet again....continue to shine down brightly on us and remind us to not waste another second. Life is what we make of it and you've helped us all open up and embrace the opportunities that lie ahead!!! You will never be forgotten, #9!!!

Now, everyone get out there and GET BUSY LIVING!!!!



1 comment:

  1. Thanks Julie! Awesome post...:) Thanks for writing, it was nice to read this and what Dylan meant to you! Ashley M (In Nashville)

    ReplyDelete