Background

Friday, October 14, 2011

Polar Bear?!?!

I LITERALLY have been waiting all day to sit down write this blog....

To many of you, this won't make sense, and you won't find it nearly as awesome as I do, but to those of you I was LUCKY enough to get the OPPORTUNITY to play college softball with at SIU-C....you will TOTALLY understand and SMILE!!

I definitely LAUGHED out loud in the card aisle at our local grocery store yesterday morning. I was searching for a birthday card for my grandfather, who is celebrating his 80th birthday tomorrow, and came across this.....


Two oldies about ankle bone deep in water....(and, no this wasn't the card I chose for Grandfather!!!)


Here's a close-up just in case the previous pic wasn't zoomed in quit enough.

The card obviously represents a variety of "facts of life,"....possibly including the idea that our sense of hearing fades as the years roll by, or maybe the fact that men always have you know what on their minds....

BUT, to me...this card doesn't represent either of those, but instead a snapshot in time of my good old SIU days and the WONDERFUL, LIFE-LONG FRIENDS I was able to spend a majority of my time with. I FOREVER will laugh out loud when I come across a Polar Bear....and, there are many types of Polar Bears, including the one my 5 year old said the other day as he jumped out of the mini and headed into school.....

"Wow, Mom! That was a JAR FRUMP!"

I laughed (with) him and secretly inside made a little wish that hopefully one day he'll be lucky enough to cross paths with people that will forever touch his life. Friendship, laughter, and unconditional love really are things that no amount of money can ever buy.

To all my SIU girls....

I will forever LOVE you all and absolutely CHERISH the times we had together....I know we don't get to see each other often, but I want you to know that not one day goes by that I'm not reminded of just how lucky we all were to have developed the friendships we have!!!

So, to the lady who stared at me and actually gave me a funny look...I had a WONDERFUL reason for laughing out loud (BY MYSELF) in the middle of the card aisle at 7:00 AM!!!

Life. Is. Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment