Background

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

What a PERFECT....

day with my three munchkins!! With all that is going on with the house, we (the three kids and I) had to be out of the house so about 10 realtors could come take a tour...Here's a little run-down of our day together...

We hit the local grocery story (HyVee) for a little breakfast and grocery shopping. The kids were fantastic! Tylee drove the "police car", Trey sat up in the seat and reminded me what we needed, and Taylen snoozed away in her carrier. They each got to put items up on the checkout belt...which is always the best part of the grocery store visit for them. The poor checkout lady has to scan at our pace and the poor people behind me have to wait a little longer than expected, but it's important to them that they get to help out, so I'm all for it. The way I look at it, the people behind me can switch lines if we aren't moving fast enough for them. Why ruin a grocery store trip just to save a few minutes for the people behind me that I don't even know?!?! Isn't that what the express lanes are for?!?!

After the grocery store trip, we ran by ProLube for a quick oil change, where I opted for the premium oil change...the one I only have to have every 6,000 miles instead of 3,000. I figured it would be just one less thing to have to worry about for a while...the kids, once again, were great. They have these foot massage machines in the waiting area, so that kept them busy for the entire time...and Taylen continued her morning snooze! (Here's a quick thank you to the sweet lady who was waiting as well. She was kind enough to allow them to talk her ear off...)

After the oil change, we pit-stopped at home, where Trey proceeded to put the groceries away while I fed Taylen. He totally offered to do it, all on his own, and did a great job...anything he couldn't reach, he set on the counter. I was super impressed and super proud of him for helping out while my hands were full. While Trey put the groceries away, Tylee kept me company and we had the most interesting conversation about this past weekend's Easter activities...so cute to hear her putting all those thoughts in her head into words. I LOVE having discussions with little kids! They have the BEST outlook on life and have a great way of bringing their own cute little sense of humor into whatever it is we talk about...

At this point, I decided that I'd take the kids to Jumpin' Jim's, which is a little bounce house business that the kids absolutely love. The weather has been so cruddy here lately that I thought it would be a great way to burn off some energy and let them know how much I appreciated them being so cooperative all morning long.

We headed over and, to my surprise, it wasn't open. Apparently, Jumpin' Jim's isn't open on Mondays, Tuesdays, or Wednesday. These are little things I'm learning while I'm on maternity leave...usually I'm at work and don't get to do those fun things during the weekdays. The kids were bummed to say the least...Tylee even wanted me to get out of the car and try to open the doors. She obviously needed more proof than the "closed" sign on the door and the fact that it was pitch black inside. But, despite their disappointment, they didn't throw a fit at all....just a "Shucks, we'll have to come back later...." Music to my ears....

We decided to head home and have a slumber "nap" party instead....featuring Tangled, Tylee's new DVD, and popcorn. It was VERY relaxing to say the least...and a super cute movie, by the way!!

Daddy arrived home from school and working out shortly after the movie....and we hit HyVee again for kid's night...featuring Dizzy the Clown, who the kids hadn't seen in a while. The kids love to get all painted up....


Tylee opted for the tiger face....So.Cute.

After we got home, we had a little family Silly String fight in the (neighbor's) yard....don't worry, we cleaned it all up!!! LOL....


Trey after Tylee and I got him while he wasn't looking! Fun.Times.

After our fun evening, I met a friend at the YMCA for a fun Zumba class and a little weight lifting. What a great way to end a great day!!! I have to say it was fairly productive and very fun at the same time....we need days like this more often!!! 

Trey & Tylee...I know this whole having to keep the house clean and picked up isn't much fun, but you two are doing a great job of helping out and keeping things from getting "junky" as you say!! We are proud of you both and can't wait until things settle down again, your toys are all unpacked, and you get back to "playing" like you love to do. LOVE you both, TONS!

No comments:

Post a Comment