Background

Sunday, April 17, 2011

I CANNOT believe that we officially.....

have a Coldwell Banker sign in our front yard!!! It has been a VERY CRAZY few weeks around here trying to get everything about this house ready to put on the market so we can get one step closer to making our big move this summer. We returned from Des Moines this evening (from a Barnstormers and house hunting weekend) to see the FOR SALE sign in our front yard. And, EVERYTHING started to finally sink in....


I can't believe that we will not spend another Labor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.. in this house. I can't believe we are going to, at some point, no longer LIVE in this house. This is the house that two of our three kids came home from the hospital to (Trey came home to the rental over on Lincoln we were living in as we worked on this house, but was settled in here by the three month mark). This is the house we have put A LOT of blood, sweat, and tears into. This is the house Jason and I bought together....We've only lived here for five years, but already have TONS of memories in, that we'll both cherish FOREVER!!! My "I can't believe" and "This is the house that..." lists could go on forever and ever, but you get the point. And, I'm sure I'll make mention of them again in future blog entries....

We are definitely hoping for a quick sale (as in the next two or three months) but my main wish is that a family buys it, takes care of it, makes a home of it, and ends up loving it as much as we have....

As I write this blog entry, I realize that it is really serving two purposes: One, as a memory marker for Trey, Tylee, and Taylen, who really are just too young to fully grasp everything that is going on. They, of course, do not want to move and want to live here "forever." Trey actually told me he'd live with me here until he was a grandpa (and, he couldn't understand why I giggled at that...as if I didn't want him to live here until then or something!!) And, two, as a place for me to write down and get things off my chest....because this actually is a nerve-wracking experience for me. I want to know that we're making the best decision, not only for us, but mainly for our children. This is their one shot at childhood and I want to make it as close to perfect as possible!! I'm sure there are going to be many "highs" and "lows" in the months to come, and I think this blog will be a sort of "therapy" for me...it just may keep me sane in this burst of chaos!!! So, thanks for being my therapist!! (And, if I bore or confuse you at times, feel free to abort!!!)

Finally, as the night our house went on the market draws to an end, I'm giving a final tour and forever marking this moment in history for my three little munchkins....LOVE YOU BUNCHES and hope you know just how much we have enjoyed watching you three start your lives in this home!!!



Starting with the main entry room...this pic was taken standing in our TV room. Dining room is to the left and office/2nd living room is off to the right....the 1/2 bath is behind the camera man in this shot....


The half bath off the TV room....(Which I just realized I forgot to take a picture of. I'll have to make sure I get that uploaded soon...we do spend a lot of time in there as a family between movies, the Wii, and board games!!)


Our dining room...where we've enjoyed a lot of family din-dins, a tradition we will be continuing in our new home. The kitchen is off to the left.....


Looking at the kitchen from the dining room...laundry room is straight ahead and the French doors leading to the deck are to the right....


A glimpse into the laundry room....LOVE having main floor laundry (which was one of my MUSTS after having to do laundry down in the yucky basement of our rental. Although, that musty old basement was a HUGE improvement from the laundromats we had to use in college...lol!)


The office/2nd living room.....


Heading upstairs.....this is the original staircase, which just happens to be about the only original thing in this old house from the 1880's. (And, leading up to this pic, there were bunches and bunches of TOYS lining this staircase and the hallway that goes to the right. Those have since been packed up and headed to storage...a.k.a, Grandma Marcia's house :) (THANK YOU!) So, Trey, Tylee, and Taylen you were not deprived and do have your fair share (okay, beyond fair share) of  toys. Unfortunately, there aren't too many people who will by a house with a tornado of toys that have taken over the living spaces, so they had to go for the time being!!!)


A look up the stairs.....


Heading upstairs to the kids' rooms, 3/4 bath, and master suite....


Trey's room....


3/4 bathroom, which is located in between the kids' rooms...yes, I have a bunch of kid's bathroom decor, but have been waiting to put it up in our new house, where they can help me decorate and call it their own. Trey's just now starting to take "big boy showers" and Tylee still uses the tub in our bathroom, so it's worked out well in the long run....


Tylee's room....


The master bedroom view from the full bathroom....


Our master bath....not enough room for the jetted tub we've always wanted. But, then again...who has time to use one of those?!?! (At least we have a shower and the kids have a tub they can take a bath in...the standard size is like a pool to them ;)

That brings the inside tour to an end, leaving just two shots of the outside.....



View from the front sidewalk....with my little trees getting their Springtime buds! I'm excited they survived winter and that's about the extent of my "green thumb" capabilities!!


The side view...this is the entry we use....

So, if you know anyone who's looking to buy a three bedroom, two and a quarter bathroom house that was completely gutted and re-done, down to the electrical, plumbing, and Sheetrock not too long ago, SPREAD THE WORD!!! Until then, we will continue living, loving, and making memories in it!!!

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe you are really moving! Your post made me just about cry! I love your house, I'm sure it will sell in no time. I hope this move is a good one for you all....we will miss you.

    ReplyDelete