Background

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!!!

What a FABULOUS day...Our 1st Easter together as a family of FIVE!! I know I've been all about the family of five thing lately, but I truly cannot believe Jason and I now have three children. Our family is now complete and we enjoyed celebrating Easter 2011 with Jason's family over in Bloomfield, Iowa, where his sister, Lori, lives. There is about 12 years difference between her kids and ours, but Trey and Tylee still LOVE spending time with their cousins when they get the chance. Damen and Caden both are in high school and are super busy, but when we do get a chance to get together, our kids get pumped, and I mean PUMPED! Trey and Ty love hanging out with them, following them around, and doing whatever they do. They just don't get enough of those moments, so they took full advantage today!!!

Marcia and Lori cooked up a yummy dinner, including everyone's favorites. (My cooking isn't even in the same ballpark as those two, so I don't think there's ever been a time that I've brought something to our family dinners...at least nothing I've made from scratch....but, then again, I've never claimed to be a good cook!!)

After dinner, the kids headed out for an Easter egg hunt....SO.MUCH. FUN.

We wrapped up the evening with a lot of playing, visiting, and even some snoozing for those that needed a nap.

As usual, I waaaaaay over did it with the whole picture thing. But, I just had a heck of time narrowing it down to a few favorites!! Go figure, huh?!?!



Our family pic as we headed off to Bloomfield...it was definitely SUNNY! Yay!!


My two bucket heads ready to hit the yard for the big Easter egg hunt!!!


Trey and Ty with Aunt Lori....


Ty showing off what she found...it was a pink one!


Looking for more eggs! Jason and I totally think this picture and the one before it are straight out of Alice in Wonderland...so cute!!!


Trey J....Getting so big...I can't believe he'll be five in less than a month!!!


Daddy and Taylen watching everyone hunt a few eggs!!! Did I mention that the weather was BEAUTIFUL?!?!


Taylen with Mommy & Daddy on her first Easter.....


Trey scoping it all out and making sure he found them all...even though we later discovered we were two eggs short. The lawn man will have a nice surprise sometime soon!!!


Ty picking up the orange one...looking sooooo cute in her Fancy Nancy dress!! A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!


Ty still looking so stinkin' cute!!!!


Trey J too!!! So handsome!!!


One more from Miss Ty....You are one beautiful girl, and definitely a princess!!!


Had to capture this shot of her....checking out Trey and watching him finish grabbing the rest of the eggs!


I'd say they scored big time!! Thanks Grandma Marcia for filling all those eggs and making the hunt possible!!


Ty emptying her eggs....and eating every other piece of candy she found!! Good thing we ate dinner before the hunt!!!


Ty and Aunt Lori being silly with the bunny masks....


And, Miss Taylen with her FIRST smile!!! Awwww....pretty baby! Happy Easter, Cutie!!!


Gnawing on that hand...tastes soooo good!!!

Thanks, Lori & Doug, for having us over to celebrate Easter with you guys!! It truly was a perfect day...It was nice seeing grandmas, grandpas, aunts, uncles, and cousins...the kids loved everything and we enjoyed spending time with family!!!

To all of those we didn't get to see...thanks for sending cards, goodies, Easter messages, and phone calls to the kiddos. They truly are blessed to have such a wonderful and caring family. We may not have been able to spend the day with you in person, but we were definitely thinking about each and EVERYONE of you!!! Happy, Happy Easter and know we are sending Lots of Love and Hugs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment