Background

Saturday, April 23, 2011

We LOVE fitting a little....

I-Cubs action into our schedules and Friday night we enjoyed out FIRST major outing as a family of FIVE!!!


The weather definitely wasn't ideal, but we loaded up and headed over to Principal Park to watch a little Iowa Cubs baseball.

Now, all of you know that I'm an absolute die hard Cardinals fan and know that Cardinals fans don't mesh well with Cubs fans. BUT, Jason is a HUGE Cubs fan and has been since he was little. The Cubs Triple-A club is based in Des Moines and we absolutely love going to the stadium...especially with the kiddos. It's such a family friendly environment and still allows Jason and I to get in our baseball fix without having to travel major distances and/or dish out a bunch of moo la for tickets. Thanks to Grandpa Ken, aka Jason's dad, we are able to score first row tickets right by the opponent's dugout often during the season. Trey (and Jason) get their share of autographs and we basically feel like we are right on the field with the players. Can't beat that!!!

Luckily, Ken got tickets for both Thursday and Friday nights' games. Thursday night, Jason hit the stadium with Trey and Tylee while Taylen and I stayed home to keep warm. Friday's forecast was supposed to be better, but it ended up being drizzly all day. As Friday night rolled around, the temps weren't too chilly and the drizzle let up for the most part. Taylen and I braved the weather and hit the ballpark with the other three....and, it was a blast!! (With a few four year old melt downs and MULTIPLE potty trips thrown in, but that's part of the deal with three kiddos!!!)


Trey showing off his I-Cubs gear that he scored at Thursday night's game....stocking caps were the give away and Trey caught the T-shirt in between innings!! Just a little big, don't ya think?!?!


Tylee Jean hanging out in the baseball....


And, waiting for the game to start....


Trey ready to score some autographs and baseballs.....that cute smile gets them every time! He also just happened to win over the Albuquerque Isotopes (yep...that's the name of the L.A. Dodgers farm club) right fielder, Jamie Hoffman...three baseballs and four autographs later, Trey had fun yelling at him from his seat, "Great hit, Jamie!" after a home run shot. In return, Trey got a, "Thanks, Buddy!" Priceless.


Me and my three...I still can't believe I have THREE!!! Amazing...and so exciting!!!


Trey and Cubby Bear...he loves that bear!!!


This snapshot sums up the reason why Tylee is not in that pic with Trey and the Cubby Bear....she is terrified of him! This was after a WHOLE day of telling us that she was definitely going to be giving the bear a high five at the game. Uh, yeah right!!! Poor girl....her face says it all!!!

But....GOOD NEWS....She was NOT afraid of the Easter Bunny....below is a little sneak peek at what's to come....


So, after another fun weekend in Des Moines, we can officially say that we survived our first family of five outing (I don't know how they do it with 19 and counting)!! And, we also are proud to say we survived Good Friday with no breaks or major accidents!! Woo-hoo!!!

Here's to many more I-Cubs games and family fun at the ballpark!!!

3 comments:

  1. You are not wearing scubs gear!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i sure hope you did not pay money for those stinking cub hats. i can only envision you in a beautiful cardnials hat lol love much grampy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, You two are already bashing me! I knew it wouldn't take long!! Zac...at least it's IOWA cubs gear and, Dad, you know I'd never pay for those...totally the free give away to the first 1,500 fans!!! Love you guys!!! Happy Easter!!!

    ReplyDelete