There are soooo many adventures awaiting us out there....so many opportunities for us to put on that "other shoe" and walk a mile in someone else's footsteps. I mean how else could our kids swim the depths of the oceans, visit outer space, meet a girl who has a love for anything and everything pink and even has a pet unicorn, or take a school bus through the entire water cycle?!? My only hope is that they all continue to love reading as they begin to get into other types of activities and get caught up in "growing up" (Oh, which is happening too quickly! I'd love to sit and read them Spot books every night for the next million years!!!!)
Trey has absolutely ADORED books since the time he was 6 months old. He's gone from chewing on them to reading them each night before he goes to bed. Many, many nights he's chosen reading a book in his bed with one of us over squeezing in a few more minutes of tube time. (Not that I'm complaing!!!) He LOVES, LOVES, LOVES anything Magic Treehouse and can't get enough of Dr. Suess's new non-fiction series. The reptile and planet ones are his current favorites. I've been meaning to capture his reading on video so he could one day watch himself.....earlier this evening he took us through "A Fly Guy"...a random one he grabbed off the playroom shelf. It was a longer one, but he did a great job....
(Technical difficulties with the video of Trey reading) Grrrrr.....
Tylee Jean also loves reading, but has just recently developed the desire to sit and listen to a book being read from front to back, without skipping pages. She loves anything Pinkalicious and can't get enough of the recordable books her grandmas send her. By far, her favorite thing to do is to "read" us the book, which she did a FANTASTIC job of doing this afternoon....LOVE the details she adds as she really looks at the pictures!!!
(More technical difficulties....must not be able to load any videos that are longer than 90 secs?!?!) Grrrrrrr.....
Trey and Ty,
I'm so proud of you both and your fabulous reading. Keep that LOVE for books always going strong! Reading with you two each night is one of the best parts of my day. Nothing is better than listening to you read with me, Trey Man. And, Tylee, the look on your face as you anticipate turning the next page is pricless. You always love happy endings and don't miss a thing! Let's make a pact to keep reading together forever and ever.....what do you say?!? I really couldn't think of any other pinkie promise I'd rather make.....
Love you Bunches & Bunches,
~Mommy

No comments:
Post a Comment