Yesterday, Trey, Ty, Taylen and I all I packed up and headed over to watch part of the East team hit the track. Aside from the playful urge to "roll" down the hill at the stadium, the kids were in awe of the whole atmosphere and there were many moments that I caught little Miss Ty just watching her Daddy, out on that track, doing what he does best.
As everyone knows, Jason's first love is definitely football, but he's got a soft spot in his heart for coaching just about anything and everything. Track season is currently in full force and, just like he does with all his endeavors, Jason is all about giving 110% to each and every one of the high school students he coaches. It's always neat to watch Jason work with the athletes and see the impression he has on them, both as student-athletes and as people in general. I have never met a former player/student that has had a negative thing to say about him. Along those same lines, I can think of many parents that have made it a point to approach him outside of the "field" and thank him for all the hard work he puts in and the positive role he plays in their child's life. As both a parent and a former athlete, I know just how critical the coaching role can be. A coach can make or break a child's love for sports and competition, as well as foster that inner-drive that's key to being successful in life. I also know that, without Jason and the other coaches, many of these athletes would have no positive role models in their lives what-so-ever.
So, thanks Jason, for giving what you've got and sharing your knack for bringing out the best in all the student-athletes you coach. I don't know how you manage to balance being there for your own three, working with high school students who are ready to transition into the next stage of their lives, and dedicate nothing but the best to leading young athletes on their road to success, but you do it and you do it EXTREMELY well!!! Trey, Tylee, and Taylen are extremely lucky and will always be proud to call you Daddy. I can only dream that one day they will be blessed with the experience of having a coach like you!
Good luck with the rest of track season and never forget what a positive influence you play in soooo many young lives. It's just one of the many reasons why I love you!!!
"A good coach will make his players see what they can be, rather than what they are."
No comments:
Post a Comment