Background

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Go YANKEES!!!

And, I don't mean the MLB team found in New York!!! (You all know I'm a Cardinal's fan anyway!!!)

Trey's officially started the Spring/Summer season of 6 and under coaches pitch baseball and he's on the Yankees. He's sporting number 6 and seems to already be having a blast and learning lots!

Our number one goal is to have FUN and learn something new each time we play. Something that we actually remember and put to practice when we are playing in the yard/park and improve on in the next game. Tonight marked his second practice and they had fun working on grounders, hitting batting practice, and getting in some tee work. It was so cute watching him out there....with a bunch of other five and six year-olds that are pretty much all in the same boat.

I forgot my camera (I know, VERY unlike me) for BOTH practices so far, but I promise to snap a few pics at the next practice. They only have one more and then the real fun begins. 12 games from now until the end of June....I think there's lots of fun in store for this little group!!

I did sneak a few pics at the team photo session this past weekend. I have to say that they were all looking pretty sharp....


Trey Man waiting for his team to get the call. He's excited to put his baseball glove from PaPa Steve to good use this season!!!


The boys checking out all the gear they had in common....and, I have to say, that listening to these boys have some major discussions was hilarious!!! So neat to see all their little personalities and see Trey making some new friends up here....


Still waiting...so patient!!!


Group pic time.....great shot, guys!!!


Posing for the individual shot....


And, we ended with a trip over to the school grounds for a little swinging :) Can't beat that...and all taken care of before 9 am.

After the pics and quick trip to the grocery store, the kids and I were off to cheer Jason on at his power lifting meet. Unfortunately, there were SO many people signed up for the meet that Jason had to wait around over 5 hours to lift. We didn't even get to see one of his lifts, but we get to see him!!!!


Go Daddy!!! We are proud of you and bummed we missed your lifts. Although, I'm sure it was waaaay easier to focus your thoughts once we made our "quiet" exit....



Judging from the above pics, which included Tylee serenading the audience, after she wore out her coloring hand, and Tay-Tay suffering from a major case of "Mommy forgot the Binky," but I've eaten every snack in the bag, blues...you can tell it was definitely time to wish Daddy the best and be on our merry, ready for a nap, way!!!

So, Daddy....keep rocking the weights and the power-lifting world and Trey Man, keep working hard at baseball practice. I know the games will be a blast and, you just never know, you may grow to love the sport!!! I'm super proud of you both and am excited for the many more meet and game watching moments in my future!!!! 

Love you BUNCHES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment