SOLD! Woo-Hoo!!
On with the fun....
I've mentioned before how much we love our neighbors here in Ottumwa. Living here really wouldn't have been as much fun without Sarah & Marshall. Not only do our kids absolutely love them and will miss them tremendously when we leave, but they are super helpful as well. They've kept an eye on the kids many a times and Marshall is, without a doubt, the most tech savvy person I know...right up there with my bro, Zac, but he's too stinkin' far away :( Marshall has saved my computer more times than I can count...what will we do when we move?? I don't know the first thing about computers and all the ins and outs!! Ugh!!!
Marshall also heads this Iowa High Altitude Balloon project...one that I'm not going to even begin to try to explain. I'll attach links below you can use to educate yourself without me butchering all the tech terminology. In layman's terms, he launches balloons up into near space and capture pictures...I mean we're talking in the 17-20 miles up into the air!!!
Anyway...Tonight marked another launch event...and we were all on board to see the action first hand.....
Eating a little BBQ before the launch...the kids love hanging out over on Sarah & Marshall's side porch...that's our yard in the background. You can really see just how close we are!! My kids seriously think this is their second home!!!
Marshall and Sarah's dad filling up the first balloon.....
Trey & Ty watching and taking it all in...and asking twenty questions, OF COURSE!!!
Filling up the third...
All five balloons....ready to go!!!
Ty waiting and all excited for the balloon release!!!
There they go...Marshall tracks the landing spot, so he knows where the balloons are at all times!!
So....how cool is that?!?!
i remember talking to marshal about this. any pictures yet?
ReplyDeleteActually, Dad, this flight didn't have a camera. Marshall was using this flight to test a "cutter" mechanism he's trying to use. I guess a remote he has with him on the ground can control this mechanism that's over 70,000 feet in the air and instruct it to "cut" through the strings and release the balloons into the air and drop whatever device they are flying with back to the ground. He's definitely a techie superstar!!!
ReplyDelete