Background

Saturday, February 12, 2011

I can't believe it....

my BABY GIRL is growing up WAY TOO fast!!

It seems as though Little Miss Tylee is turning into a big girl way too quickly. We now call her Miss Independent--she won't let us help her with ANYTHING!! I really think the second we took that Binky away over Christmas Break, she became a new Little Lady. She wants to pick out her own clothes, brush her own teeth, dress herself....down to the underwear and socks, and has the nerve to tell us what matches and doesn't. She also told me today that she needs more "make-up!!" It's so stinkin' cute, but at the same time, she's definitely not my little "baby" anymore...I mean, she doesn't even want to rock like we used to do every night!! (TEAR.)

Part of her V-Day goodie bag from Grandma Marcia was a Dora make-up set, complete with finger nail polish, lip gloss, a make-up bag, and press-on nails....YES, I said PRESS-ON NAILS!!!

For two whole days after she opened them, she asked me to "help" her with nails. Finally, a few nights ago..we sat down and put them on. (First of all, they were a little big for her little nails, but she insisted I put them on...so I did. Second of all, she told me all about how she was going to sleep with them on. But, realizing what a choking hazard they might be, I told her she, under NO circumstances was wearing them to bed. After a few "you're not nice, Mommy" comments, she gave in and we proceeded through the bedtime routine.)

You should have seen her trying to brush her teeth...she must have knocked each nail off at least ten times. It was hilarious!! While putting on her jammies...she lost two of them inside her sleeve and one we still can't find. She did have a blast with them though.

As of now, they are stacked up in a nice neat pile on top of her dresser waiting to make another appearance in maybe, say, TEN YEARS!! She's definitely growing up so stinkin' fast!!! Isn't she hilarious?!?!


Showing off her new Dora nails....SO.EXCITED.


A better view...PLEASE notice her left ringer finger....a little crooked after having to replaced TEN times!! But she was still proud of them!!!


Being a goofball...as always!!!

Dear Tylee Jean,

You are SUCH a big girl and are getting to be so independent. You've mastered the items on our 2011 to-do list and are well on your way to accomplishing everything else on your 2-year-old agenda. Keep up the great work, Mommy and Daddy are very proud of you!! But, don't forget, I will ALWAYS be here to help when you need it!! Love you BUNCHES & BUNCHES, baby big girl!

~Mommy





No comments:

Post a Comment