Background

Thursday, January 6, 2011

It's....BIG GIRL BED time!!!

So, I had to take the morning off work for a good old Dr.'s appointment, which just happened to be at 8 am. (and, I was home by 8:15...so the rest of the morning was MINE)....paid a few bills and was able to be home for the delivery of Miss Tylee's BIG GIRL bed!! I've been waiting since before Christmas break for this thing to arrive and Slumberland finally decided that today was my lucky day..Woo-hoo!! The delivery and set-up guys came around 9:45 this morning...leaving me just enough time to get all the bedding on and sort of set up for Tylee. I was so pumped to surprise her after school ;) Below are a few pics....




I thought the piggy bank on the headboard shelf was a cute idea UNTIL my hubby offered to drop six pounds of gold dollar coins on my head just to see how it felt...I quickly got his point and REMOVED the piggy bank!! Good thing for better halves that are always thinking ;)

So, after picking up the kids from school...we headed home and quickly sprinted upstairs...Tylee and Trey were just as excited as I was. Below are a couple of Tylee checking out her new bed....she LOVED it!! (And, made sure to tell me that she wasn't going to cry in her "BIG GIRL BED" about 100 times! SO CUTE!)



After checking things out and letting them both jump on the bed for a few minutes (because we do that kind of stuff in our house) we headed downstairs for puzzles, coloring and dinner-making!! Tylee couldn't stop talking about her bed and kept asking for "night-night" time....

After dinner we headed upstairs for bath time and headed to her room to read books together....can't you tell she was pumped?!?! 



(YES...this is her "fake sleeping") but I am PROUD to say that she's been upstairs sleeping away since 7:30 pm (with NO BINKY)....and, I haven't heard a peep!!! She was definitely telling the truth....

SO PROUD OF YOU, my BIG girl in your own BIG GIRL bed! Way to go!! XOXOX

(((On a little side note...the pic below is one of the other things we are trying to master...she's doing well, but still sometimes makes Dora "sad" when she pees on her....Gotta love Pull-Ups with fun characters!!!

No Binky, No diapers, and Sleeping in the Big Girl bed were our goals for the first week of 2011...we are practically there!!! Now, if that's not reason to celebrate, I don't know what is!!!)))


Keep up the AWESOME work, BIG GIRL!! We are proud of you!! Love you Tylee Jean!!!


3 comments:

  1. What is it that keeps her in the bed without rolling out? It looks like some of those blow-up rolls that go on the sides?? Is that what you are using?? They look good tucked under the covers. Whatever it is i LIKE it!!!! YAY for Tylee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Miss Tylee that Aunt Lori is so PROUD of her for sleeping in her big girl bed without a binky! I can't wait to see her & Trey next Friday. Damen & Caden are looking forward to a fun-filled evening with their niece & nephew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hales...I sent you an email with a link. They are bed bug bumpers and are the best! They fit right under the fitted sheet & matress pad and don't slide all around. You'll have to check them out....

    Lori..I'll make sure to tell her and know they are both pumped about visiting and hanging out with you guys! ( I still get a kick out of Jason addressing Caden's christmas present to "Aunt Caden"...too funny!! And, I can't complain because he did practically all the wrapping!!)

    ReplyDelete