Background

Thursday, January 20, 2011

"EXTRA, EXTRA!!! Read All About It.....

Tylee wore big girl panties ALL DAY and had NO accidents...and I'm gonna SHOUT about it!!" (Okay, that was a little silly, but it takes me WAY BACK to my old softball cheering days! For those of you I played softball with for all those years, you know EXACTLY what cheering I'm talking about!!! Oh, the good old days!!!)

Back to the HOT NEWS of the day.....Miss Tylee wore big girl panties all day (Dora, of course) for the first time EVER and had NO accidents. After dropping her off at school today (along with 2 extra pairs of panties and two extra outfits) she gave me a BIG OLD HUG and KISS and told me she wouldn't get Dora wet and she'd tell her teachers when she had to go potty...."Pee-pee and poo-poo!" It was so stinkin' cute watching her hang up her coat and stroll into the room to announce to EVERYONE that she had BIG GIRL panties on with a grin that went beyond ear to ear. She cheesed them all up and gave everyone a hug and started playing with her friends.....she was on top of the world! I couldn't help but TEAR up as I stood outside her room and watched her beaming with pride! I blew kisses bye-bye to both her and Trey and hoped for the best. I knew she'd make a HUGE effort to keep Dora dry, but I also stayed in touch with reality and realized how the little ones get when they are busy wrapped up in an art activity or a fun game in the gym. I mean, who would want to stop having soooo much fun to go "potty?" Sure not me when I was 2 years old!!

When I picked the kiddos up, Tylee sprinted straight up to me with a HUGE grin and a big note in her hand with stickers and all. To my surprise, she also had the SAME outfit on that I dropped her off in....I knew right away that MY BIG GIRL had accomplished the biggest feat of her young little life!!! She jumped into my arms and told me all about her day and how she hadn't peed on Dora! She showed me and Trey her sticker and pride card 1,000 times as we headed out of the gym. Trey gave her FIVE hugs and FIVE high-fives and we all stopped dead in our tracks and did our CRAZY, HAPPY DANCE right then & there!!

Still...as we head up for bath time, she can't stop talking about it!!!

((I didn't want to post a pic of her in just her undies, but I thought I'd show you a cute pic of her with her "Potty Time!" treat jar....so proud!!!))


Dear Miss Tylee Jean,

We are sooooooo SUPER PROUD of you and your BIG ACCOMPLISHMENT!! You have been working so hard to get the whole potty thing down and we couldn't be happier for you! So, BIG GIRL, wear those adorable Dora BIG GIRL PANTIES around like you own this world, because.....YOU DO!!! Always remember, you can accomplish ANYTHING you set your mind to!! We love you bunches and bunches....

XXX's & OOO's,

Mommy, Daddy, and Trey Jacob

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww...Jules this made me tear up! She's such a big girl! I wish her continued success with her big girl Dora undies!

    ReplyDelete