Background

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Friday Night Fun & Friendship....

What can I honestly say....true FRIENDSHIPS are so important in life!! Jason and I got the rare opportunity to go out on a "Date Night" last night with a group of amazing people. (Thanks, Lori, for watching the kiddos while we got a chance to dance and rock the night away...we TOTALLY appreciate it!)

A group called Hairball made an appearance last night in good old Ottumwa at Bridgview, our local convention center (which happens to be very new and an absolutely great place to host an event.) If you've never heard of Hairball, you'll have to do a little "Googling" to get the big picture, but I'll just sum them up as a Rock-N-Roll act that puts on a great show. They not only played great hits from Guns 'n Roses, Whitesnake, Bon-Jovi, Poison, Def Leopard, Motley Crue, Ozzy, AC/DC, Journey, Kiss and lots more, BUT they dressed and acted the part as well. (Stremy...you would have died and gone to heaven with the Van Halen part...I totally thought of you, girl!!) It was a total blast and I recommend seeing them if you ever have the opportunity. (They did announce that they were playing at the Iowa State Fair again this year...make some plans!!)

Anyway, it was a great 80's BLAST from the PAST and Jason couldn't enough of the music...he's a true fan of that type of music (amongst others) and SERIOUSLY knows EVERY WORD from Poison's song, "Nothing But A Good Time!!" It was soooo stinkin' fun and I absolutely LOVED watching him enjoy his solo moments. I didn't think it was possible to really know EVERY word to a song!! So fun!!

The point of this post isn't so much the actual Hairball event, but the fact that we got to spend our evening with some of the greatest friends a girl could have. Between the five us, we have 11, soon to be 12, kiddos and are all working moms. I've met all of these girls since moving to Ottumwa and, I can honestly say that, without them, Ottumwa would just NOT be the same. They have been there in good times & bad times and  genuinely are WONDERFUL people. We try to make it a habit of getting together every other Wednesday night for a little "Girls' Night Out," which happens to be more "Mom Style" now that all but one of us have entered our 30's....life is busy, exciting, fast-paced, stressful at times, and the one and only way we could imagine it!! These girls laugh with me, cry with me, celebrate with me, vent with me, and much, much more.

I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to you, girls! I'm excited to see what the future holds for each one of us and am looking forward to continuing this BEAUTIFUL, CRAZY journey called LIFE with each one of you. Here's to 30+ years from now, sitting around with each other doing nothing but giggling, laughing, reminiscing, and enjoying all the good times we've had together!!! I couldn't do it without you all!!!

Here's a pic from last night (which did include our better halves, by the way! Thank you hubby's for joining us and tolerating our silly-ness! We couldn't be who we are without your support & unconditional love!!) I've also included a few flash back shots from some of our times together....

THANKS GIRLS!!!


Getting ready for all the HAIRBALL action....


--Labor Day 2009--


Jill's Surprise 30th!!!


Girl's Night Out--Summer of 2006


Fireman's Ball--November of 2009


Nicki's Bachelorette Pub Crawl...Last Fling Before the Ring!!


Nicki's Wedding...great times!!!


Trey's 4th Birthday Party-May 2010

Those pics just sum up a few of our candid moments....looking forward to many, many more and here's to all the memories in the making!!!

"I can trust my friends. These people force me to examine, encourage me to grow." -Cher

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great time Julie! We saw everyone out gearing up for Hairball! Friends are definitely what make this place great....otherwise I don't think I would've made it a year here! Glad you had a date tonight too...those are the best.

    ReplyDelete