Background

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Coming along nicely....

and working hard to make each time a little bit better....

We had Trey's second conference of this 1st Grade school year and got a chance to see his portfolio and the growth he's been making as a learner. As I looked through this portfolio, I couldn't help but have flashbacks of looking through all my grade school work that my mom saved for over 25 years. It was SO neat to look through it and I want to use this blog to capture some work for the kiddos as they grow, so one day they will be able to look back and where they started.....

I captured a few pics of Trey's writing from the portfolio. The work is in sequential order and I think it was cool to see his progress....(hopefully, someday he'll enjoy looking back over his 1st grade work. Even though men don't get so pumped about things like that the way women do, at least it will be there if he wants it!)

He's definitely come a long way as a writer in a short amount of time....

 
Back in August 2012
 
 
Uncle Nick would love this one!
 
 
This one cracks me up....

 
His latest sample from February 2013...look at how much more he's able to write!!!
 
The writing, math, and reading pieces from the portfolio were wonderful, but this little social studies project really caught my eye. They studied America's symbols in class and talked about the colonists wanting to form their own country. I snapped a couple pictures of my favorite parts of the book....What a neat idea! They had to cut out and tear construction paper to make the symbols!
 






Great work, Trey Jacob!!! Your daddy and I are so proud of all your great work! Keep it up!!! You're over half way through 1st grade! I cannot believe it! XXX's & OOO's!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment