Background

Sunday, June 10, 2012

SIX! SIX! SIX!

Is the lucky number around here these days. In fact it's Trey's FAVORITE number now that he's SIX himself!! Yes, you heard me correctly, my BABY...born way back in 2006, just about a month shy of our two year anniversary, not only finished kindergarten this past month, BUT also turned SIX on May 21st.

First "Good Morning" as a SIX YEAR OLD....



Reading his birthday note from Mommy & Daddy....


Six year old birthday squeezes from ME!!

Trey's birthday fell on a Monday, which just happened to be a school day, and my last work day of the school year. He had been talking about bringing Krispy Kreme donuts and hats for his classmates on his special day for at least the last three months. So, the morning of his birthday, we dropped off the girls at daycare and went to Krispy Kreme, where Trey ordered enough donuts for everyone. He made sure not to leave without a hat for all his friends....and was super excited when we brought them into his classroom....

Ready to take his birthday treats into his room....Trey Man, I'm so glad I got to see this special moment and be with you as you got your school day off to a super start!!! You were PUMPED!

A few weeks later, because I failed to book the Nature Lodge in time, Trey celebrated his birthday with a few boys from his class. There was really no true theme...so we just rolled with fun primary colors and summertime fun ideas. The park we were able to have the party at was a first come, first serve type of deal, so the kiddos and I got there about 8:30 in the morning to decorate and set up. The party started at 10 AM and Trey was all ready when his friends started showing up...


All ready!


Helping Momma fill the thank-you goody buckets...


Ty was Trey's #1 fan on his special day!! So. Excited.


A close-up of the goody buckets for each one of the guests...


"Watch out, MOM!"


Daddy filled the water balloons for the water balloon fight...must have taken him an hour and the boys burned through them in about 10 minutes!! Isn't that how it always works?!?! Worth every second...they had a blast!!!


Boys having a ball on the equipment...PERFECT place for a PARTY!


Time to decorate COOKIES and sing Happy Birthday to the Birthday Boy!!!


Present time!


The whole gang....what a fun, fun time!!!

Hey Birthday Boy,

I hope you had a fantastic time celebrating NUMBER SIX and I am so proud of the awesome, handsome and loving little man you are growing into. You LOVE all things Angry Birds, have the biggest heart, are very strong-willed (like your Momma), and are obsessed with catching bugs (with a little help from Tylee, of course!) You are swimming like a fish and can't get enough of the pool. I swear you seem to run into one of your school buddies EVERYWHERE we go and have a knack for remembering everything you hear. You have quite the sense of humor and are actually starting to get a little bit of a "smart" mouth (again, just like your Momma!) You've done a great job contributing the manners marble jar and really enjoy playing outside on the new swing set. You LOVE helping your little sisters, but at times, really enjoy your space. You make the BEST cards and are always thinking of others. You adore reading Magic Treehouse Books and telling stories and are getting waaay better at making your bed! I know someday you might be embarrassed to read this next part, but you still sleep with Funky Monkey and are a little scared of going down to the basement by yourself. You often need Tylee to go down with you and I'm not quite sure if we are ever going to be able to get you to move your bedroom down there. Last time we talked about it, your exact words to me where, "I'm going stay in my bedroom upstairs until I'm an adult!" We'll see if you don't change your mind in a few more years or so. You LOVE, LOVE, LOVE chocolate milk and can't get enough of those yogurt tubes. Lately, you've been the Master of the Monkey Bars!!! I love you, Trey J, and hope you enjoy EVERY second of your 6th year!!!

Lots of Hugs & Kisses,

Mommy











1 comment:

  1. Wow! Already 6?! Happy Birthday Trey! Looks like you all are having a fun summer already! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete