Background

Friday, June 1, 2012

Last Day EVER in KINDY!!!

Today was Trey's last day as a kindergartner and I CANNOT believe it!! This school year has gone by so, so, so quickly. Trey truly has enjoyed EVERY part of Kindergarten and not only learned a ton, but also grew tremendously as an individual. With the huge move last summer and the newness of baby Tay joining our family, I would have to say that Mr. Trey Man has adjusted extremely well. There were a few bumps in the road (like getting a character reminder for mocking his teacher) but there were also many "I Spy Good Character" slips with his name on them and many, many days where he kept all his cubes and even earned extra for showing awesome character! We really could not have asked for a better school year!!!

This afternoon, Ty, Tay, and I picked up a little Subway (per Trey's request) and joined him and his classmates for a little "Last School Day Picnic" fun! Not only did we get to eat lunch with Trey Man, but we got to spend a little time in his classroom watching an ADORABLE slide show featuring pictures of the class throughout the year. How awesome is it that the helper in his classroom made EVERY student a copy on a CD. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate having those pictures....being a teacher, and having pretty much the same school schedule as Trey, there are MANY classroom events that I'm unable to attend. Having these pictures made it seem like I was practically there for all the fun memories!!! So, what a fabulous going away gift that was....one that Trey and I will both cherish forever!!!


My Little Man is officially a FIRST GRADER!!!  (Please note Taylen in the background of this pic...her and Ty were AWESOME during the entire visit. Tay is in that awkward, I want to walk around everywhere, but I don't know the rules yet, phase. She sat in that stroller for almost 2 whole hours just people watching and being a good little girl. Ty followed her big bro around and thought she was one of the kindergartners. She can't wait to go to Trey's "big school." So proud of them both.....)


Diggin' into his turkey and cheese sub....


Tay having her way...but, Trey's always such a trooper!!! Still smilin' and loving his little sister!


Trey and his buddy, Cole!


Ty supporting her big bro at the end of his last recess ever as a kindergartner!!!


Trey letting his little sisters join him in line. And, even held hands!!! Headed in for the a little slide show action!!


The CUTEST slide show EVER! Thanks, Mrs. B!


Trey and his teacher, Mrs. Campbell.....He told me tonight as I tucked him into bed that he's really going to miss her. "She is AWESOME, Mom!!"


Trey and Mrs. B...she was like his 2nd teacher. In the room everyday supporting the learning going on...and the creator of that awesome End-of-the-Year slide show!!


Picking up my FIRST GRADER!!! All smiles!!


Trey watching his copy of the slide show the SECOND we walked in from the car ride home. He seriously watched it FIVE times before I made him get on his baseball uniform!!!!

Trey Jacob,

Congratulations on your first successful year in elementary school. I am so proud of you and all you've learned this year. You are a spelling whiz and have already mastered all of the 1st grade words. (Keep it up because you'll have to help me spell...just ask your daddy!!!) Your math scroll you started last week came home yesterday and you wrote numbers up to 684 and told me you wanted to finish up to 1,000 this summer. You couldn't have been prouder as you showed us every piece of work in your portfolio!! You have already told us that you want to do the summer reading challenge of reading 15 books before the end of summer and I know you'll have no problem reaching that goal. I'm so excited to spend summer vacation with you and make many, many trips to the pool with you and your sis. It will be a BLAST!! Way to go in Kindy!!! I love you bunches and bunches and BUNCHES and couldn't be prouder!!!

XXX's & OOO's,

~Mommy 

1 comment:

  1. We are very proud of how much you have grown into such a good citizen in the community. Way to go Trey!!
    Love you bunches!
    XOXO - Grampy & Mimi

    ReplyDelete