It was definitely better than anything the doctor could have ordered and was EXACTLY what I needed ;)
Labor Day Weekend has ALWAYS been a favorite weekend of mine, mainly due to the fact that my birthday is on September 2nd and usually consists of a three day weekend celebration (which I decided on myself many, many years ago). It marks the beginning of my favorite season of all time and, overall, just has sooooo many great memories associated with it.....
This past weekend, my mom, AKA MawMaw Cindy, came up for a little visit that consisted of about four days of the chit-chat and face time that I sooooo needed and was loooooong overdue. The kiddos had an absolute blast with her and she was able to get her grand kid fix in for the time being.
My mom has ALWAYS been nothing but supportive and has ALWAYS taught me to be strong and independent. She's soooo good at being a sounding board and sooooo good at sharing her two cents without telling me what to do and when to do it.
Now that I'm a mother, I'm beginning to see just how selfless of a job it really is. As I continue on with all the trials and tribulations that lie ahead, I can only hope that I'm half the mother to my kids that my mother was, and still is, to me.
So, Mom.....THANKS for the visit and THANKS for knowing exactly what I needed and when I needed it, just like always!!! I love you!!!
(We had such a fabulous weekend that I didn't even get my camera out as much as usual...so, below are the few snapshots I got...and, are rather random!!)
MawMaw Cindy her three little grand-munchkins.....
Taylen loving bath time with MawMaw Cindy....
Tylee taking a little snooze on Friday around 5 PM...there was NO WAY we were having a late movie night without naps. I found her asleep with the baseball...PRICELESS!
The kiddos all ready to bust open Mommy's birthday pinata!!
MawMaw Cindy stayed with the girls on Friday and got the house all decorated while I was at work. Balloons, a birthday banner (pics on her camera), presents, cake, and a pinata!! Coming home Friday after work to kids yelling, "Happy Birthday" was PERFECT!! Thanks, Momma!!!
What a PERFECT Labor Day/Birthday Weekend....
And, I usually don't get this sentimental, but I found the perfect quote to put the final touches on this blog entry....
A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts. ~Washington Irving
Love you, Mom, and we already MISS YOU like CrAzY!!

No comments:
Post a Comment