Background

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

It's VEGGIE TIME!

Okay, by now, most of you know that my little peanut, Taylen Jae, has not been diggin' the whole "food" experience. She's the first one of my babies who doesn't quite know what to do with the whole process. Trey gobbled it up and grunted like an animal when I didn't scoop it in fast enough, and I'm not exaggerating when I say SCOOP. Ty wasn't quite as vocal as she learned to eat solids, but I definitely had to move quickly to keep up with her as well....so, this has been a totally "new" experience for me. I have a feeling this isn't going to be the only time Miss Tay-Tay moves along to her own beat ;)

I really don't get it because she LOVES watching me stir it up as I get it ready....totally grunts, moans, coos, and waves her arms all around like she just can't take the excitement any longer, but once the cereal hits her lips she just kinda stares at me with that, "What do I do now, Momma?" look.  Of course, I always move my mouth in a chewing and swallowing motion trying to help her along and all she does is break out in a HUGE grin...EVERY time!! And, shortly after the cereal falls onto her bib. It's actually quite comical.

At her 6month check-up the pediatrician said not to worry about the cereal thing and just start trying veggies...so, this evening, while the other two were sound asleep, I decided to try a little sweat pea action....

I took a little video so you all could see for yourself. It went just about as I expected...although I know I actually saw some tongue action and I think she may have even swallowed a few bites this time. Which means that total chowing down is right around the corner....

(Sorry about the video being sideways...I thought I'd figured that out before, but apparently I'm at a loss. Changing the orientation is usually just a matter of one click...but, that button has somehow eluded me tonight..don't get a neck cramp!)


I also got a short little segment of her sitting up...like a big girl. She still needs a little support, but she's sooooo stinkin' close! As you can tell, she's not real excited about being on camera...actually quite somber for her. But...you do get a glimpse of what it is she's always looking around searching for......


And, finally a little of Tay-Tay's 6 month babblin' for ya.....she wasn't really in the mod tonight, but I think there's a little "DaDa" in there for ya.. There are a few times that she's on the verge of bustin' out a hoot or holler, but decides against it...what a cutie!!


I'll be sure to keep you posted on the food thing....I know it's just a matter of time ;) You can do it, Taylen...we're all rooting for ya!!

Night y'all.....Happy Tuesday and here's to a fantastic second half of the week!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment