Background

Monday, September 19, 2011

Fishin' Fun....

was this weekend's theme as I loaded up the kiddos and headed down to Monroe City to visit my dad and step-mom, also known as...Grampy and Mi-Mi, for a fun-filled weekend. The kiddos love hanging with them and it's always a relaxing time....

The 4 hour trip took a little longer with a few bathroom and "find the binky" stops along the way. But, none-the-less, we made it and enjoyed every second.

We were sooo glad to be able to spend Grampy's birthday weekend with him and had fun fishing, boating, laughing, watching movies, eating popcorn, and just having good old face time with each other, which is something that seems to be harder and harder to make happen lately....


Thanks for the weekend, Grampy and Mi-Mi.....


Trey working on his casting skills before heading out in the boat....


Ready to Roar....tackle box and all....he's been keeping that box in a "safe" spot for the past year...all ready to put it to good use!!!


Waiting at the Bait Shop pit stop....


Picking Mommy up from the dock, all ready to head out....(And, I MUST add that backing the boat trailer down the boat ramp was WAY HARDER than I EVER thought it would be. You'd think I'd never driven before. Seriously...a mini-van totally blew by me...backed down, dropped the boat off, and drove back up in the time it took me to scoot back about a foot!!! What a fun experience...one that I need a little work on...okay, a TON of work on!! Thanks, Dad, for trusting me....even though it took up a good 20 minutes of fishin' time ;)


Loving the wind in her face....


Getting the pole ready....


Waiting to see if anyone hauls up the Big One.....


Checking out the Minnows....So. Interesting.


Grampy with the first catch of the day....


Ty had NO problem holding that slimy fishy! Thatta Girl!!


Watching that bobber....wishing it would just go under.....


Tay-Tay back at the house having a ball....her fishin' time will come soon enough :)


The gang heading home....

Thanks a bunch for meeting us....we had a great time and it was soooo good to see you guys. The kiddos and I miss you already!!! Sending LOTS of LOVE!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment