East played Ottumwa in Ottumwa and I'm sure it was very bitter sweet for him to stand opposite the sideline that pretty much was his second home for all those years. This is the 2nd match-up for the Scarlets and Bulldogs for Jason, but last year, the Bulldogs ventured up to Des Moines. I know there were many emotions leading up to this game....
So, the kids and I made the trip down after school on Friday and found a comfy spot on the visitor's side. It was soooo different than our old Friday Night experiences. Our usual "end zone" location didn't quite pan out like it used to and I think I saw maybe five plays the entire game!! It was sooo good to see some of our old friends and all of the people that we don't have the opportunity to run into as often as we'd like....it was fun to catch-up on the new and remember the old. It reminded me just how wonderful the people in that town are. They're seriously the ones that make it such a great place to live. They all welcomed us from day one and almost all of them are going to be impossible to replace!!!
The kiddos had a blast eating popcorn, running around, and cheering for Daddy. And, EAST WON!!! Which always makes for a fun, fun time!
All geared up...it was WEIRD walking into that stadium NOT wearing Bulldog apparel. I mean, Trey and Ty spent sooo many fall Friday nights at that stadium. We'd get there when Jason's sophomores hit the field around 5 and not leave until after 10 o'clock!
The guys getting the team warmed up...
LOVE this pic. I was trying to get Jason and just happened to get Trey's little thumb in there giving his Daddy a thumbs up before game time! ADORABLE!!!!
Jason's working that defense....
He probably spent at least 250 nights standing on the sideline directly across from where he's standing in the pics above. Memories for Life.
Calling plays...
Doing what he absolutely LOVES!
Tay all tuckered out....
Catching a little face time with a great group of ladies!!!
THANK YOU, Ottumwa Bulldogs for all the fabulous memories....there will never quite be anything like good old Shaffer Stadium!!!! With that being said, WAY TO GO, SCARLETS!
So nice to see you guys! Thanks for wandering over to your "old" spot. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jules! Great seeing you guys too! I was secretly a little scared to venture over to the "old" spot....I wasn't sure who was over there and I was picturing all the new coaches' wives running me out ;) Your kiddos are as cute as ever!!!!
Delete