Background

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Making Beds...

has never been so fun.....

And, Trey and Tylee are getting pretty good at it. Tylee is waaaay better than Trey, and she's almost three, but, in his defense, he does have a bunk bed and I think those have ALWAYS been harder to make.

I always thought I'd never make my kiddos make their bed...as I was growing up it was always something I had to do and I never found it to be all that exciting and thought it was rather pointless...I mean, what's the point of taking the time to make up your bed when it's just going to get unmade and slept in again, night after night?? At the time, I definitely didn't see the point.

Now, after becoming and mother and, most recently, a mother of a five year old. I'm beginning to see the "point' behind all the bed making. Not only does it QUICKLY make a bedroom look waaaaaay better, but it's an EASY way to teach kids about responsibility, effort, and pitching in around the house. Who would have thought that something as simple as pulling sheets up, straightning out a comforter, and fixing pillows really could be such a great lesson about life?!?! My mother apparently ;) Thanks Mom!!!

There are still days that beds go unmade in our house, but I do have to say that I actually like making my bed now and am going to ask that my kids make their beds. I know they will think it's "pointless" and not see eye to eye with me on it, but it's okay because, in the long run, it's not about the bed!!!

(I also know that there will be a time when they choose to sleep on TOP of the bed with a blanket or sleeping bag so they won't have to make it in the morning. I know this because I've done it and I had lots of friends that also did it. It's one of those, "I'll show you, Mom!" moments)

Until then, I will continue to praise them for a job well done....


I think she did fantastic for an almost three-year-old!!!


Not too bad for bunk beds!!



And, of course, I HAD to let them pose for Silly Pictures....they are their favorite!!!!

Good job making your beds, Trey & Tylee!! Keep up the good work and know that I'll be one of "those" Moms that always makes you make your bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment