Trey J started his school journey this morning at 9:05 am....and, thank goodness I was able to be part of his big, big, BIG day! (My principal and the PE teacher at my new school GRACIOUSLY agreed to cover my 5th grade class this morning so I could be there for this HUGE milestone in his life...those few specific seconds and minutes that I'll never get back!!) I thank my lucky stars that it all worked out because being with him this morning and having the ability to drop him off for his first day of "real school" ever, meant the world to me ;)
At around 7:45 this morning, Trey and I dropped the girls off at their school and headed to Panera to enjoy a little pre-game meal consisting of a plain bagel, raspberry cream cheese, and orange juice, which happened to be Trey's top choice.
Patiently waiting for his order...
Ready to dig in....and such a sweet moment for me because I know there will only be a very small number of times that we'll be able to do this again ;) What a fabulous way to start his big day!!!
On our way to Panera, Trey made a few phone calls to let people know that his big day had finally arrived!! He also LOVED listening to the "good luck" voice mails for him on speakerphone. The smile on his face as he talked and listened was PRICELESS!
We then headed over to his "home" for the next six school years and got the year off to a super start....Trey was thrilled and I had to, without a doubt, be the PROUDEST Mommy there!!!
Me and my Little Man before we headed in....what a BEAUTIFUL day!!!
I had to snap this shot...definitely the big man on campus ;) Walking up like he was ready to tackle the world!!
Hanging out in the hallway before heading into his room....
Met a new buddy right away....
Cubby time....and getting all ready for the morning fun!
Found his name tag and signed in for the day...part of his morning routine....
All ready to color his page and watch his classmates roll in....
After I snapped that last pic, I quickly snuck in about 20 more kisses and waived good-bye to my big guy with a huge smile on my face!!
I spent all day wondering what kind of new things he was learning and hoping that he was having as much fun as I thought he would....one look at his face when I picked him up and I knew his day had been GOLDEN! He spent the whole way to grab his sisters talking my ear off about all the fun parts of his day and ended it all with his rendition of, "I Gotta Feeling....that kindergarten's gonna be a fun, fun time!", which just absolutely, positively, MELTED my heart!!! (And then he told Tylee and Taylen the whole thing again :)
Of course, to celebrate everyones' great day...we just had to go out for a little ice cream!!!
After T-ball we decided to use one of his Mario Bros (which he just happens to be be obsessed with) notebooks to start a journal for home. We decided to write a couple things down about the day and draw a picture in it each night before we go to bed....that way, he'll always be able to remember all the fun he had in Kindergarten!!!
I think he did great on the first entry.....don't you?!?!
He told me what to write and then he was in charge of drawing a picture to go along with it...see if you can figure it out :) I think he's taking after Daddy with the recess part!!
I certainly can't wait to see tomorrow's entry....
Trey Jacob,
I can't believe that you are my BIG KINDERGARTNER!! I'm so proud of you and want to thank you for heading to school today ready and willing to tackle the world. I know you'll love it, learn many new things, and make lots of new neighborhood friends. Continue to feed that curious little mind of yours and NEVER forget how much your daddy, sisters, and I all love you!! We are so excited for you!!!
Love,
Mommy
XXX's & OOO's
No comments:
Post a Comment