We started out simple by making sure all of our Christmas cards were addressed and stamped about a month before the bid day. I had a fabulous helper this year...she put on all the stamps and it really saved me some time!!! She's a pro, that's for sure....
Super duper job, Miss Ty!!!
After cards were out, tree was up, and presents were wrapped, we spent Christmas Eve with Jason's family and had a great time. It's a small little get together and Jason's bro and his family didn't make it up until Christmas Day, but it was still great to see each and every one of them!!!
After a fun night of visiting, laughing, giving & opening presents, and just enjoying time together, we headed home where the kiddos quickly got milk and cookies ready for Santa and Trey left this note.....
Perfect. And, from the looks of it, Santa loved the milk!!!
Christmas morning was spent here at our own house, where the kiddos woke up not too early and headed into the front room to see what Santa left...they were looking forward to their big bags that Santa leaves every year.
Checking out the stocking loot...
Excited about Santa's bags...
My favorite pic of the morning...nothing beats an adorable little "Thank-you!" hug!!!
The rest of Christmas Day was spent catching up with far away family and squeezing in a little cousin time with Jason's brother's boys....
I'm always heavy hearted when I don't make it back home for the holidays. As much as I LOVE spending time here at home, there's just something that's missing when I don't make it to Grandfather's for Christmas Eve, and I don't wake up at my mom's house Christmas morning. I know time marches on, new traditions are made, and memories keep the feelings alive, but I still miss those special times like no other. So, when I found out that my mom and Steve would be stopping here on their way to Omaha to see my brother, I was beyond excited. It was a too short, but very sweet visit and it was SOOOO good to see them! We wrapped up the Christmas Holiday with them....
What a fabulous Christmas holiday!!! Be are beyond blessed with an amazing family, that's for sure!!!











No comments:
Post a Comment