At least, that is, when it comes to the blogging world lately. I am sooooo far behind, that it's not even funny!
I'm not going to give you a list of excuses like the fact that we moved, are unpacking, finding new doctors and dentists, going to the pool, unpacking, visiting the Zoo, hanging out with friends, unpacking, hitting the gym, getting paperwork and info figured out for our new jobs, finding daycare, unpacking, coaching football, finding a new credit union, changing our addresses with every company possible, moving furniture and then moving it back again, unpacking, playing with the kiddos, cleaning, cutting grass, making school decisions for Trey, and more unpacking.....
No really, I do feel bad because I know there are many of you that want a few updates, so I'm going to do the best I can to catch you up...without getting too long-winded! The list above sums up a lot of what's been going on here. But, overall, we LOVE our new house and new town and are going to spend the last couple weeks of summer enjoying it even more. Come August 1st....it's back to the daily grind for me!!!
Below are a few pics to recap what's been going on around here.....
Posing for a pic in all their patriotic gear for a parade on July 3rd...
Waiting for the parade to begin...route ran right by our house...PERFECT!
Listened to Uncle Doug play at a 4th of July celebration in Waukee, IA...
Watching FIREWORKS!!!
Watched them move the HUGE barn off the high school property right by our house....
Really was an awesome sight!!
Visiting the local pools...having a little bit of water fun...
Sleeping in later than usual and waaaay later than we'll be able to in about a month from now....
Taylen LOVING her first time in the exersaucer!! SO.FUN.
Finally getting the kiddos playroom set up....we LOVE having a place for the toys and they LOVE having a place all of their own....
Hitting the Farmer's Market with Karrie while her and Vince were visiting from Chicago....loving the snow cones, which just happen to be perfect for the summer heat!!!
Watching the lions eat a mid-day snack at the local zoo....definitely up close and personal!
Checking out the tiger...
Feeding a CRAZY amount of Koi fish!!
Posing with Mommy and enjoying the fun (in the 115 degree heat index!!!!!!)
Thanks for being so patient with me and my LACK OF blogging! My goal is to get back into the routine...or at least updating once a week. I know now that maternity leave is over, summer is coming to an end, and it's time to get back to work the blogging isn't going to be at the top of priority list, but I do promise to do better than I have been!!
Have a fantastic week and try to stay cool!!
Until I blog again....
Love the playroom! Sounds like you are getting settled in Des Moines...hope the school year gets off to a good start! Miss seeing your cars at your house in Ottumwa! Weird! Good luck with everything.
ReplyDeleteKiddos are getting so big. The new house looks awesome. Miss all you Weites!! XOXO
ReplyDelete