Background

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Well on his way....

to an AWESOME shoe tie-er!

Sounds simple enough, but it's something we have been working on (read: saying we were going to work on and just ended up tying them for him because it was quicker) for a while now....

And, we've about made it.




Poor fellow...I kinda feel like I dropped the parenting ball on this one. I was REALLY good at telling him to practice. I found that the times we actually sat down to practice, were times that were completely and utterly RUSHED.

Times when it was time to go, like five minutes ago.

Times when someone else needed something "right now."

Times when brushing teeth and grabbing the backpack were a little more important.

Times when homework had just been done and someone deserved a little break.

Times that would just end in no one being happy or excited.

So, Trey-Man....as much as you are responsible for learning these types of things, I'm responsible for TEACHING you and being PATIENT with you. I'm sorry, Buddy, for putting this important task on the back burner because there was always something else that seemed to take priority.....

I am proud to say though that we spent about 15 SOLID minutes a while back during our last snow day. We spent that time in a quiet place that was free from any distractions, JUST TYING THOSE SHOES.

And, guess what?!?! That's all it took....the timing was right and the setting was PERFECT!

YOU haven't looked back since!!!! YOU are tying your shoes all by yourself. YOU are getting better and better each time you tackle that milestone. YOU are learning how to pull the strings a little tighter. YOU are figuring out how to pinch that "tree" just a little harder so it doesn't fall apart or tip over. YOU are pushing that bunny through the whole like it ain't no thing.....

And......

I'm so PROUD of you!



No comments:

Post a Comment