Most of you know that I'm definitely NO Betty Crocker. I actually can't stand to cook or bake. Okay, maybe it's not THAT bad, but I definitely don't enjoy cooking. I feel like things rarely turn out like they are supposed to and the clean-up is the WORST part. Hopefully someday I will find joy in it, but I doubt it!
With all that being said...I have volunteered to help out with feeding the East football team the past few Thursday nights. I have made 4 DOUBLE BATCH 9 X13 pans of brownies....which means over 80 HUGE brownies a pop. As everyone knows....football boys don't want to eat any wimpy brownies!!!!
So, I hit the supermarket for boxed brownies and put my smile on. The first go round, I didn't start baking until about 8 pm. Well, needless to say, I was having to hold me eyelids open as midnight rolled around. Apparently, these pans take HOURS to bake. Oooops.
Even with the late hours of oven watching and toothpick poking, it wasn't all that bad. I know the boys loved them and the baking part was actually enjoyable. Yes....I said it. I would even do it again. Maybe even make them from scratch next time. Okay, not really on that last part.
Oh, and the kiddos even got some of their own. Which meant that they were happy campers!!!
GO SCARLETS! Eat Up.
No comments:
Post a Comment