by Miss Tylee and her puzzle working' skills lately.
From the time she was one year old, she was IN LOVE with puzzles. I can't count the number of times both Jason and I sat upstairs in her room with her in Ottumwa and did those big pieced Dora the Explorer and Disney Princess puzzles OVER and OVER again. I'm not exaggerating when I say it would be for at least 20 minutes every night and the second she put the last piece in, she'd completely dump it over and start again. It really was the funniest thing....
Well, flash forward about 2 years....The kids and I are at home on a Sunday morning and she mentions that she wants to do a puzzle. I tell her that I'm going to finish folding a load of laundry and then I'll sit down and do one with her. She then proceeds to tell me that she wants to do the puzzle by herself and doesn't need my help. I agree, but figure that I'll have to eventually help her, and grab the puzzle. I hand it to her and, as I head into the laundry room, she heads to the kitchen table.
Before I know it, she has the pieces all turned over, the box propped up in front of her, and is diligently working away. (I have to do at least 10 double-takes and remind myself that she is THREE!)
She was so proud of herself, but not more proud than I was of her... Looks like all those puzzle nights really paid off!!
Way to go, Ty! Here's to many more puzzles throughout the years......
No comments:
Post a Comment